Being critical about yourself can have bad consequences. We tend to lower our self-esteem by saying things like “I can’t do that” or “I’m not worth it”. When things go wrong, we go out looking for excuses and blaming ourselves. Positive self-love affirmations can do wonders and it is worth remembering a few of those for the hard days.
Why do we need self-love affirmations?
Low self-esteem creates endless problems – from being unable to make wise choices to depression and feeling unworthy. Some people are afraid to be alone and feel lonely. Why do we keep falling into this rabbit hole? Having bad thoughts is a sign of low self-esteem and a lack of self-love. If you are truly happy with who you are, you will never feel lonely.
The good news is that our brain doesn’t make a difference whether things are actually happening, or we are imagining them. So, in order to make a difference in your life and love yourself, you don’t always need to act, but can start by saying out loud what you want your life to be. Repeating those mantras will help to overcome negative thoughts and emotions. Basically, you take control of your brain and thoughts. You are the boss and you show the direction.
Just like financial affirmations will help you sort out your finances and start saving, self-love affirmations are the best tools for improving your self-esteem and confidence.
- My life is not perfect, but it’s the best one I can have
- My needs are my priority
- I am enough for myself
- I believe in myself and love myself
- I am responsible for my own life
- Others want to be with me because I matter
- Every day I become a better person
- I am at peace with myself
- My goal is to spread positivity
- Bad days are just as good as good days
- My goals are my priority, everything else can wait
- I allow myself to feel weak sometimes
- I take responsibility for my feelings
- I make mistakes and forgive myself for them
- I learn about myself every day
- I am my own best friend
- I can spend the whole day enjoying the company of just myself
- I haven’t finished shaping myself into a better human
- My old mistakes do not bother me
- My love for myself and others is unconditional
- Every new day is full of great memories
- I share my wisdom with the world and learn something new every day
- I give as much as I get
- I enjoy teaching others, but only when they ask me to
- I focus on learning things that can expand my mind
- I allow myself to travel and explore the world
- Life is teaching me lessons every day
- I notice new opportunities to become a better person
- I take care of my body by eating healthy and working out
- I take care of my soul by reading good books
- If I don’t have people around, I am at peace with myself
- I am grateful for everything life has given me
- My happiness is my own responsibility
- My past doesn’t define me
- I can start over any day
- I don’t allow negative emotions to control me
- There are many ways to be happy and love others.
- I don’t choose the easiest ways in life
- I like a challenge
- Difficulties inspire me
- I learn from the best
- I try to be an expert in my field and share my knowledge
- Teaching others helps me be a better person
- I never envy anyone
- I set my priorities to reach my goals
- I accept myself and praise myself for good work
- A bad experience is just as important as a good one
- I learn from my mistakes
- I forgive myself for not being perfect and never stop loving myself
- Supporting others helps me support myself
- I’m always in a good mood
- My inner sunshine is visible to others
- My love is radiating
- I can inspire other people
- I give myself small gifts every day
- I am thankful for having myself
- I trust myself to make the best decisions
- I respect myself and others around me
- My body is perfect because I say so
- I live my life the way I want to
- Other people’s opinions do not affect me
- I will reach my goals no matter what
- I am good at what I do
- Positive thinking helps me in life
- I love to be alone
- People are attracted to me because they feel my love for myself
- I allow myself to feel weak
- I am the strongest when things go right
- I let go of things that don’t bring me happiness
- My inner world is at peace
- I choose my own environment
- I am surrounded by positive people in my life
- I never ask permission from anyone but myself
- I focus on what’s important
- When things don’t go according to plan, I don’t give up
- I set my goals and reach them one step at a time
- I don’t need company if I really want to go somewhere
- I am enough for myself
- I am my own best friend
- I never judge myself
How to practice positive affirmations?
You can try saying out self-love affirmations early in the morning or right before you go to bed. Once you start loving yourself, it will get easier to reach your goals in life. Remember – you are beautiful, powerful, and worthy! Affirmations for self love may not start working at once, but you will surely feel the effect once you start practicing them regularly.
Remember – only say those self-love affirmations, which you can truly relate to. If you don’t mean them, they will not work for you. You don’t need to use all of them listed here, pick the ones which are unique and work just for you. Feel free to come up with some of your own!
To track your progress, consider wring them down every day in a journal. This way you will be able to go back in time and see how your self love affirmations have worked wonders over time. Remember to always believe in it, as if it already happened. This way you will program your brain to think in the right direction. Once your conscience believes in it, the universe will make it all happen for you.
I know how hard it can be to find the right positive affirmations to help you start loving yourself. Getting out of low self-esteem and depression is difficult, but not impossible. Too often people listen to other’s opinions and judgment and form a wrong impression of themselves. Too bad no one is teaching us that when others say negative things, they are actually talking about themselves, not about us.
The key to finding your inner peace is realizing you are the center of your own universe. You are important. Only your own wishes matter. Nobody is going to come and turn your world into a pure magic kingdom, you need to take responsibility for yourself and your own well-being.
When was the last time you took yourself out for dinner? To the beach? Took a nice holiday? Got a massage? Think about the ways you can take care of yourself today. Don’t live for other people – they need to take care of themselves (even children need to learn how to play on their own). As an adult (and individual), your happiness is your own priority. So practice the self-love affirmation and I promise, your life will change for the better!
Which ones do you like the most?
Pin for later