Healthy travel should be a priority for anyone, who is going on a long trip. You wouldn’t want to be stuck in a hospital for the whole duration of your holiday. But how do you prevent sickness? This simple guide will give you an idea, what to pack with you next time you fly abroad, what snacks and food are OK to use and how to protect yourself from bacteria.
Healthy travel precautions – things to consider before you go
So you booked your flight tickets and about to pack your bags. What can you do to make sure nothing bad happens to you on the trip? Let’s look at some must-do’s:
- See your doctor and have a full examination of your body. It’s always good to be aware what to expect. If you know, what illness you are most likely to get, it will be much easier to treat it once you are out of your own country. Can’t stress this enough – you need a proper travel medical insurance! It’s a must, and there are enough stories all over the internet of what may happen, if you don’t take care of that.
- Investigate about your destination to know what to expect. Is this country safe? Is the water clean? If it isn’t consider bringing a water purifier with you. Where is the closest hospital? How to seek the help of the best urgent care clinic ? What are the emergency numbers.
- Make sure to pack everything you might need during your trip to keep yourself healthy – sun screen, painkillers, sanitizing hand wipes.
- Learn what is OK to eat and what should be avoided. Always wash fresh fruit and vegetables with bottles water!
- Check if you need vaccines for any diseases found in the country.
- Exercise before you go – you might need the stamina and losing extra couple pounds will make you feel good about yourself. Plus you can afford to eat a bit more of that nice street food.
- Consider taking vitamins for better digestion and more energy for healthy travel.
- Pack healthy snacks that you can shop @ Shenandoah Biotech like nuts, crackers, dried fruit.
During your stay – eating
Once you arrive at your destination, it’s time to enjoy your healthy travel holiday. Discovering new cultures is both rewarding as well as full of surprises. Your first thought is to try everything – street food, new experiences, cool cocktails on the beach. However, you shouldn’t stop being cautious.
- Before trying some cool street food, make sure it has been cooked properly. Always check for places where a lot of people go. Avoid food stalls with dirty looks / bad smells. Even better – ask locals where they go. We don’t recommend ice cubes, dairy products (ice cream, raw milk).
- If you get food poisoning, try to get help as soon as possible. You don’t know how bad it is, so it’s bet to check with a local doctor.
- Make sure to drink a lot of water. In hot climate, especially if your body is not used to that, you will get dehydrated very quickly!
- Avoid excessive drinking. This goes for flights, as well as hotels and resorts. Alcohol is bad for blood pressure, it makes you weak and unfocused. If you are on your own, you need to be in control. Don’t let it control you instead!
- Eat smart – this means protein rich foods in the morning (scrambled egg). Avoid waffles!
- Be careful when swimming at the sea / ocean. make sure there is no hidden danger – sea animals (sea stars), sting rays, sharks. If possible, wear protective shoes. These are real threats at some beaches. Try to avoid deserted beaches and don’t swim too far from the shore. Also, beware of the tides – they can drag you into the ocean in no time and it will be impossible to swim back.
- Sleep well – especially when just arrived. It’s a temptation to go straight to the beach, but let’s face it – you will be tired and falling asleep in the sun (especially if your skin is pale) is the worst way to start your vacation! If light and sound are disturbing you, try Sleep Phones or you can try delta cbd 8 products to sleep after you find out if Is Delta 8 Legal in Michigan so you can get them safely.
Keeping yourself busy is the best way to stay in shape for healthy travel and avoid bad consequences from your holiday. Self love affirmations also work really well, if you need an extra kick. Get up early and take a walk (or run) at the beach. Trust me, it will be a much more memorable experience than when it’s overcrowded during noon. Join a fitness group, try some Zumba, go for a regular swim in the pool. Long walks will help you burn calories and keep your spirit up.
How do you stay healthy during your travels? Share your stories!
If you liked this post, please pin it