Road trips are by far the most exciting way of travel. Watching the scenery change in front of your eyes, cities, and villages passing by, having an opportunity to stop anywhere – are just a small number of advantages that road trips have over plane travel. However, long car rides can also get quite boring, especially if you don’t have a common music taste with your travel buddies.
We have prepared a list of fun and educating Questions to Ask On a Road Trip for your next adventure. Some questions are personal while others are more general knowledge and educational. Also, we have created even more fun trivia for you to read – so feel free to visit Fun Travel Trivia post later!
25 Fun Questions for a Car Ride – get to know your travel buddies
- What is the most memorable thing from your childhood?
- If you could only do one thing for the rest of your life and it would bring you money – what would it be?
- Would you rather be a plane pilot or a submarine captain?
- What was your first car?
- Have you ever built anything while watching a Youtube tutorial?
- Are you able to walk on the glass floor above deep canyon?
- Would you ever drive Uber for living?
- Which one do you prefer – a hot desert of a cold Arctic?
- Would you agree to work at a job you don’t enjoy, but that pays well?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- Where would you rather be right now?
- Would you rather enjoy only darkness or only daylight?
- How would you spend the last 24 hours of your life?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- Are you the kind of person who gets everything done right away or keep putting things away until the deadline?
- What was the scariest thing you ever did?
- From all the places you’ve been to, what was the most memorable, and why?
- Have you ever fallen in love with a stranger?
- What is the first item, you will get at the next gas station shop?
- Are you afraid to speak publicly?
- Can you tell a joke right now?
- Could you quit sugar and caffeine?
- How long can you go without sleep?
- Successful career or happy family life?
- One long holiday per year or many short trips?
25 Car Conversations Starters – Travel Movie Quiz
The next set of questions is related to famous travel movies.
- In the movie “Eat Pray Love”, what countries did the main character played by Julia Roberts visit? (Answer: Italy, India, Indonesia (Bali))
- In the movie “Wild”, how many miles did the main character hike? (1100 Miles)
- What does the character of the movie “Into the Wild” choose as his camp base? (Answer: old school bus)
- What does the character of George Clooney do for living in the movie “Up in the air”? (Firing people)
- In the movie “Eurotrip”, where is Scotty going to meet his future girlfriend? (Berlin)
- What is the nationality of the main character played by Brad Pitt in the movie “7 Years in Tibet”? (Austrian)
- Where is the famous beach from the “Beach” movie starring young Leonardo Di Caprio? (Phi Phi, Thailand)
- Where does the “Lost in Translation” movie take place? (Tokyo)
- Who plays the mother and daughter part in Mamma Mia movie? (Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried)
- In the movie “Slumdog Millionaire”, what was the final question for 1 million rupees? (“Who is the third musketeer?”)
- What countries were shown in the movie “Secret life of Walter Mitty”? (Iceland and Greenland)
- What year events are shown in the “Everest” movie? (1996)
- Hangover II – what kind of monkey plays the drug dealer? (capuchin monkey)
- Where is the train that Elise (played by Angelina Jolie) in the movie “The Tourist” boards, heading? (Venice, Italy)
- In what country is the fictional Grand Budapest Hotel located? (Republic of Zubrowka)
- Mission impossible Ghost Protocol location? (Dubai)
- James Bond Casino Royal location? (Montenegro)
- Bourne Identity location? (Paris)
- How old was the main character of “Slumdog Millionaire” during the show? (18)
- What animal did Stu have to return to Mike Tyson in Hangover I? (Tiger)
- On passing how many miles mark does Ryan in “Up in the Air” get congratulated on? ( ten million miles)
- When Dominic is helped to escape from the prison bus, where does he go with Mia and Brian in Fast 5? (Rio de Janeiro)
- What is the name of the fictional city where Joker lived? (Gotham City)
- The most famous movie shot in New Zealand (Lord of the Rings)
25 Road Trip Trivia Questions about different countries
- What is the capital of Norway? (Oslo)
- What is the population of UK (66 Million)
- What is the second highest mountain in the World? (K2 in Pakistan/China)
- How many landlocked countries in Europe? (17 countries)
- What is the smallest country on Earth? (Vatican City)
- Where was crossbow invented? (China)
- What is the longest railroad trip? (Trans-Siberian Express)
- What were the original start and endpoints of the Orient Express? (Paris and Constantinople (Istanbul)
- What country has the most official languages? (Zimbabwe – 16 languages)
- What country is the largest consumer of coffee in the World? (Switzerland with 10.5kg per one person per year)
- Worlds highest building? (Burj Khalifa in Dubai)
- How many daily flights in Dubai Airport? (around 2000 flights)
- How much does it cost to climb Mount Everest? (from $28,000 to $85,000)
- What is the most earthquake-prone country? (Japan)
- How many countries in Africa? (54)
- What is the largest desert in the World? (Antarctica)
- Canary Islands were named after – what animals? (dogs! Canariae Insulae in Latin means “island of dogs.”)
- How long is New Zealand’s Ninety Mile Beach? (55 miles)
- In which month does Russia celebrate the October Revolution? (November)
- What country produces the most chocolate in the world? (Switzerland)
- What language is spoken in Brazil? (Portuguese)
- What is the Japanese name for Japan? (Nippon/Nihon)
- Which continent is the driest after Antarctica? (Australia)
- How many main islands does Hawaii consist of? (8)
- What famous building gets hit by lightning about 23 times per year? (Empire State Building)
25 Random Questions for a Car Ride
- How old is our solar system? (4,5 billion years)
- What is the official nickname of Texas? (The lone star state)
- The only American state to begin with the letter ‘p’? (Pennsylvania).
What country bank has only one ATM and what does it allow users to do? (Vatican; perform transactions in Latin)
- What type of fish is Nemo? (clownfish)
- Which planet is the hottest in the solar system? (Venus)
- Which animal can be seen on the Porsche logo? (Horse)
- How many months have 28 days in them? (12 (every month has at least 28 days))
- You can’t legally buy a mousetrap in California without …? (Hunting License)
- It’s illegal in Georgia to do what with a fork? (Eat fried chicken)
- What famous symbol is technically called an octothorpe? (hashtag)
- Which famous American dessert isn’t American at all? (Apple pie)
- Unicorn is a national animal of ..? (Scotland)
- What does M&M stand for? (Mars and Murrie)
- How many grapes go into the bottle of wine? (About 700 grapes)
- Who invented the famous Keep Calm and Carry On? (British Government during WWII)
- How many Earths could fit inside the sun? (1.3 million)
- How much does Google make in a second? (658$)
- Cutting down a cactus in Arizona is penalized with..? (25 years in prison)
- Why is it illegal to die in Svalbard, Norway? (because you can’t be buried there due to permafrost, you need to be flown to Norway)
- Mosquitos of what gender do bite? (female)
- What was the original name of Google? (Backrub)
- What are the deadliest animals in the World? (mosquitos, because of the diseases they carry)
- Name 2 European capitals that don’t have McDonalds (Vatican and Tirana)
- How much does it cost to make a 1$ bill? (5 cents)
Vatican has McDonalds now
Well, technically, it is just outside of Vatican, in the Roman district of Borgo, which leads to Vatican City. But it is indeed Vatican-owned building and Vatican gets the rent 🙂